09/27/19 - Campus Safety Update and Reminder
(Sep 27, 2019) — (Kennesaw Campus) The Kennesaw State University Police Department reminds our campus community that
car break-ins and thefts typically are crimes of opportunity involving unlocked vehicles.
Recently, a number of unlocked vehicles parked in the Austin Residence Complex and North Parking Deck, were rummaged through and personal items taken. Similar incidents have also been reported in communities around the Kennesaw Campus.
KSU Police have increased patrols in these areas and around campus and have deployed additional monitoring equipment in order to identify and help to stop these crimes of opportunity.
Anyone who has information regarding any of these break-ins is urged to call the KSU Police Department at 470-578-6666 or 470-578-6305. Students, staff and faculty may use the LiveSafe App (LiveSafe.kennesaw.edu) to report any information and to request assistance from the KSU Police Department.
Students, faculty and staff are reminded to:
- Park in well-lit areas
- Use public, well-lit walkways
- Lock your vehicle and residential doors at all times
- Do not leave valuable items unattended, including inside vehicles
- Never prop open locked exterior building doors
Report suspicious behavior to the Kennesaw State University Department of Public Safety and University Police:
- In person: Building 351 on your Kennesaw campus map, 351 Paulding Avenue, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Building R2 (Norton Hall) on your Marietta campus map, 920 Hornet Loop, Marietta, GA 30060.
- By email: email@example.com
- Anonymously via tipster line: 470-578-6305
You may request a safety escort on campus by calling KSU Police at 470-578-6666. A police officer or security officer will drive or walk you to your destination.